Petroleum car washes average $0.06 of gross revenue for every (1) gallon of
gasoline sold, and the average gross revenue per month is $6,780 in gross
car wash revenue.
2. The addition of a car wash to a petroleum facility increases fuel volume
3. Car Washes at petroleum facilities are not commonly offered at most Big
Box facilities (i.e. Kroger, Quick Trip, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Race Track,
Safeway, Albertson's, etc..), and Car Washes allow a petroleum operator to
compete against in-store or loyalty gasoline discounts marketed at Big Box
stores (i.e. $100 grocery purchase is equal to a $0.10/gallon discount).
4. Car washes provide petroleum customers with a more satisfying buying experience
resulting in greater brand/site loyalty, than is generally realized through
the purchase of a commodity (gasoline) or fountain drink.
5. The Car Wash category ranks 4th in total petroleum site sales at $81,360
annually, behind Tobacco, Packaged Beverage, and Beer.
6. The Car Wash category ranks 3rd in gross contribution margin at 11.73%
at petroleum sites, behind Tobacco and Package Beverage.
7. The Car Wash category ranks 6th in gross margin at 46.08% at petroleum
8. The "At Home" wash demographic has dropped from 47% in 1996 to 38% in 2006,
and is forecasted to be 30% in 2010.
9. 80% of people polled stated that "time" is their most important asset,
so by providing a "one-stop shop" facility with a car wash increases customer
loyalty and traffic count.
10. U.S. population of passenger and light commercial vehicles is expected
to increase from 241 million in 2006 to 266 million in 2011.